Scandinavian Aerospace & Industry AB (SAI) was founded in Stockholm in August 1983 by people with experience from the aerospace & defence sector in Scandinavia.
Previous knowledge and contacts were drawn upon to create a company which could become a valuable niche player of high end systems and components. Focus has always been on satisfying demand from large and small companies in the region as well as from the defence forces in Scandinavia. All complimented with a high degree of support and pro-active problem solving.
We have been successful with most of our products and systems and we are continuing to compliment our product portfolio in line with market changes and new customer demands.
In 2017 we saw an increased interest to use SAI as a regional partner from companies such as RUAG Defence AG, Metravib (Acoem SA) and SMAG AG.
Major milestones include:
- EO-sensor system to Royal Danish S61/Navy Lynx and Norwegian SAR Sea King, in excess of 50 systems in the early 1990's. FLIR Systems, in total over 150 sold over 30 years.
- Electromechanical components to SAAB Aircraft for the whole range of SAAB 340/2000
- Laser training system to the Swedish Armed Forces in 1993, from Loral Systems
- Thermal batteries and gyroscopes to Bofors Underwater Systems torpedo range
- Large capacity wetblasting systems for surface treatment, approx. 50 systems supplied to Sandvik Coromant/Seco Tools from our supplier Vapormatt during 15 years
- WHIP(Målsystem 2010) live fire target training system in 2002/2009 supplied to the Swedish Army, 3200 units in total and manufactured by Lockheed Martin
- EO-sensor/datalink equipped operator mission suite for three Royal Danish Air Force combat/reconnaissance helicopter AS350
- Consecutive contract wins from the FMV for support of various target systems (2010 & 2013) used by the Swedish Army
- Continued large volume sales of electromechanical components to SAAB and BAe (Bofors).
- Record sales in 2017/2018 for spare parts and accessories for wetblasting systems used by Sandvik Coromant and Seco Tools.
- From 2017 to 2021, sales of explosionproof (ATEX) industrial vacuums from one of the leading manufacturers (Hannover based Ruwac AG) to companies such as Volvo Cars, Siemens, Alfa Laval, Sandvik, Höganäs, Digital Metal and Stora Enso.